All types of waste have their own designated routes of recycling. The reuse centre and the Sortti- sorting stations, hazardous waste collection points and stores are places meant for other types of waste. It is worthwhile to learn the waste collection points’ receivable waste categories in advance.
Re-using items is an environment-friendly activity. Give a new life to an unwanted item.
- Large reusable items – To the reuse centre.
- Small reusable items (books, clothes, dishes) – To the reuse centre.
- Large waste items and brown cardboard (those that won’t fit in the tube) – To the sorting room.
- Glass – To the sorting room.
- Metal – To the sorting room.
- Hazardous waste – To the hazardous waste collection points, Sortti-sorting stations or HSY’s touring collection vehicles circulating in the spring.
- Batteries – To the store.
- Small electric and electronic junk – To the store or reuse center.
- Large electric and electronic junk – To the Sortti-sorting stations or when purchasing a new item return the old one to the store.
- Energy saving light bulbs and fluorescent tubes – To the hazardous waste collection points, Sortti-sorting stations or store.