During Christmas time we generate even more waste and most of it can be recycled. Below you’ll find some useful advice how to reduce waste and recycle better. THANK YOU FOR RECYCLING ALSO DURING CHRISTMAS TIME!
- Put ham grease in a tight container and then to the mixed waste inlet, or frozen grease in a biowaste bag and then to the biowaste inlet. Grease should not be poured down the sink or into the toilet, because it can clog the pipes. You can also participate in Kinkkutemppu (and recycle the solid grease. The nearest collecting point is at Redi K2 recycling point.
- Food waste belongs to the biowaste inlet, not in the toilet.
- Wrapping paper is mixed waste. It does not qualify as paper or cardboard for recycling purposes.
- Aluminum foils and tea light candle shells belong to the metal section of the recycling room.
- Broken LED candles and light sets belong to electrical waste collection
- New Year’s tin is hazardous waste because it contains a lot of lead. New Year’s tin is collected free of charge in HSY hazardous waste containers and Sortti-stations, or you can use it again next new year.
- Flatten cardboard boxes before placing them in the bin (in the Recycling room).
Kalasataman jätteen putkikeräys Oy wishes